Library Assistant II—Ortonville Public Library
Position: Library Assistant II
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs library circulation activities (checking materials in and out)
- Administers opening and closing procedures
- Assists patrons in locating items in the library
- Shelves returned items and pulls requested ones
- Provides instruction on use of library facilities, resources, and equipment
Candidates must be willing to work in both Ortonville and Graceville as needed. Must also have flexible schedule and able to work mornings and evenings, and rotating Saturdays.
Candidates must be willing to do the children’s programs.
Minimum qualifications: High school diploma (or equivalent,) 6 months related experience, and basic computer skills.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to walk, stoop, crouch, reach, lift, grasp, talk, hear, and see. Some light lifting and carrying may be required up to 25 pounds.
Hours: Approximately 18-21 hours per week to start
Starting wage: $12.15 per hour
Application Deadline: June 3, 2022 or until position is filled
Please submit a resume and application form to Ortonville Public Library or email Vicki Bartz at email@example.com.