Books, Movies, Music
Large Print Books
Magazines & Newspapers
Computers, Internet & WiFi
Book Clubs – Mystery, Christian/Inspirational and Tasty Book Clubs
WIFI Hotspot available for Checkout (Ask Library for more information)
Programs & Events
REOCCURING PROGRAMS & EVENTS
Adult Winter Reading Program – January through March
Book Clubs- Contact the Library for additional information!
ESL Classes- Contact the Library to schedule
Memory Cafe- Second and Fourth Tuesday of the month from 1 PM- 3PM
Adult Basic Education Classes- Contact library for schedule
TABLETS FOR MEMORY LOSS
The Big Stone Area Memory Loss Connection recently applied for a Federal CARES grant. The grant was to be used for providing technology to those who don’t have access.
With these funds the BSAMLC purchased tablets for individuals and caregivers to use who are dealing with memory loss. There are two apps on the tablets for Caregivers. One is TEEPA which is an educational site for caregivers. The other is the Minnesota Caregivers site. There is information available on how to recognize dementia, memory loss, alzheimers, etc. These resources will be able to answer a lot of questions for the Caregivers.
For the individual with memory loss, there are lots of Brain Stimulation and Mind Games. It has been proven by doing these games the progression of the disease is slowed.
Laura Thomas, Director of Aging Well with Prairie 5, will be conducting one-on-one tablet classes beginning on September 16th at 1:00 p.m. at the Ortonville Public Library. If you are in need of assistance, please contact Laura at 320-269-6578.
There are four tablets at the Ortonville Public Library and two at the Graceville Public Library. Each packet contains the tablet, a user guide, adapter, charge cord and a stylus. You may check these out at the Library. You will need to complete two documents to use the tablets.
1) BSAMLC Lending Agreement. The Lending Agreement lays out the rules of using the tablet. 2) BSAMLC Cares Grant Registration. This covers information they need for the CARES Grant. This information is used for demographics only. No private names or addresses will be used.
If you are interested in using one of these tablets with someone with memory loss and/or for your own educational purposes, please contact or stop by the Ortonville Public Library 320-839-2494 or the Graceville Public Library 320-748-7332.
The two libraries are very grateful to have these and to be distribution centers for the Big Stone Area Memory Loss Connection tablets.
VIRTUAL LIBRARY CARD
A great video tutorial for getting a digital library card.
NEED HELP ACCESSING YOUR ONLINE LIBRARY ACCOUNT?
If you are wanting to order items now while the library is not open, you will need to set up your account.
Here are the instructions on how to do this:
How to Set Your Password on the Online Catalog:
- go to iii.pioneerland.lib.mn.us
- Click on “My Record”
- Enter Your Name: (Only first name is required)
- Enter Barcode: (Do not leave any spaces between numbers)
- Enter your Patron PIN: (Leave this field “Blank”)
- Click on the “SUBMIT” button
- Enter your new PIN. (Should be at least 8 characters long. Create a PIN you can remember, the staff cannot see your PIN)
- Enter your PIN a second time.
- Click on the “SUBMIT” button
To see a graphic on how to set your password, go to this link.