If you have a child age birth up to Kindergarten, stop in and sign up for our 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program. Parents or others read to the child. Keep track on your reading sheet of the books. For each 100 books read, you will receive a prize. Upon completion, you receive a brand new hard cover book, certificate, and a medal. If you have questions, either stop in to the library or call 320-839-2494.
We have started something new here at the Ortonville Public Library. Many times patrons want to watch all the parts of a series, or want to watch all western movies. We have solved that problem. We have put 5 DVD’s in a tub for you to check out. We received the first one in today: Nicholas Sparks movies. There are 5 Nicholas Sparks movies in the box. You will be able to check the Binge Box out for one week. We have a Western one and a few others also coming. These Binge Boxes are made up of the older movies, not new releases. Try a Binge Box!
ABCmouse.com: With more than 4,000 interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, ABCmouse.com’s award-winning online curriculum is the most comprehensive online educational resource for young learners (ages 2–7+). From Age of Learning, Inc. Free for use in our library.
Come into the Library and check it out. We will help you get started.
ORTONVILLE PUBLIC LIBRARY
MEETING ROOM USE
- Meeting room use must be reserved with the staff at the Library prior to using.
- Library programs and events have first priority.
- All meetings are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If you charge a fee for people to attend classes, you will be charged a fee of $30 for the use of the room.
- Group reserving room is responsible for:
a) setup and taking down of tables and chairs—chairs are to be stacked along wall or put in carrier
b) Checking bathrooms – toilets flushed, faucets off, lights off
c) All tables are wiped off and clean
d) Disposing of all materials and papers from your group
e) Smart board, LCD projector, computers, etc. are all turned off
f) Basement lights are all turned off
- If using LCD projector, computers, etc. and need assistance, arrangements must be made with the staff at the library, PRIOR to the meeting.
- Sales of goods and services are not allowable on Library property with the exception of programs and activities sponsored by Ortonville Public Library.
- Non-profit organizations may collect donations to cover incidental expenses only, but may not solicit donations for fund-raising purposes or make sales, except for the sole benefit of the Library.
- According to the Library Bill of Rights, all meetings held in a library are open to the public.
- No alcoholic beverages or smoking is allowed.
- No candles may be used in the room.
- Children must not be left unsupervised.
- The volume of voices, media, music, etc. should remain at a normal level during library hours so as not to cause disturbance to library patrons.
- No Library personnel are available to assist any organization to rearrange seating, carry supplies to and from the meeting room, etc. or to assist in any activities sponsored by groups using the room.
- If you want to store items for your group on a regular basis, we have cabinets available for rent at $10.00 per month. Please see library staff about renting a cabinet.
- If you use any of the electronic equipment and it gets damaged or broken, you will be assessed the cost of repair or replacement.
- If you need to cancel the use of the room, you need to let us know. After three times of not informing us, you will lose your privileges to use the room.