A great video tutorial for getting a digital library card.
This year our summer reading program is going to be different than anything we have done in the past. Each week we will have a different Scavenger Hunt. These will be themed. The clues will make you think but still easy enough to find the next one. Once you reach the last one, pick up your certificate, answer the questions, and return to the library in an envelope. Upon review, we will then award you your prize. We currently have seven different scavenger hunts getting prepared. Parents this will be a great time to go along with your child as they “scavenge” for clues. It will also be a learning experience. We will have the clues ready each Wednesday starting June 3rd in Ortonville. Clinton and Graceville will be done on Thursday starting June 4th. The clues will be up from 10 am to 8 pm. You will pick up your clue sheet at the library on Monday or Tuesday in Ortonville. For Clinton, you may pick up in either Ortonville or Graceville. Graceville you may pick up on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Signup is required this year. We need to know how many items to purchase and prizes to get. Signup will start on Monday, April 27th, and go until May 15th. Call the library to give your child’s name and age. You MUST be signed up in order to participate in the prizes. As always if you have questions, please call us at 320-839-2494 or 320-748-7332.
If you are wanting to order items now while the library is not open, you will need to set up your account.
Here are the instructions on how to do this:
How to Set Your Password on the Online Catalog:
- go to iii.pioneerland.lib.mn.us
- Click on “My Record”
- Enter Your Name: (Only first name is required)
- Enter Barcode: (Do not leave any spaces between numbers)
- Enter your Patron PIN: (Leave this field “Blank”)
- Click on the “SUBMIT” button
- Enter your new PIN. (Should be at least 8 characters long. Create a PIN you can remember, the staff cannot see your PIN)
- Enter your PIN a second time.
- Click on the “SUBMIT” button
To see a graphic on how to set your password, go to this link.
THE LIBRARY REMAINS CLOSED.
Hello Library Patrons!
We will be starting curbside pickup of materials the week of April 27.
Curbside pickup will be on Tuesday and Thursday 11:00—2:00.
We will begin doing curbside pickup next week. We are happy to be able to serve you again.
In order to make our items as safe as possible for you – all items returned to our book drops are placed in 72 hour quarantine before being returned to circulation.
You should have received a checkout slip with due dates for your items. If someone in your household is ill, please call the library at 320-839-2494 and we’ll be happy to extend your due dates for you. Please do not return library items if anyone in your household is feeling sick.
RETURNS are accepted in Book Drops Only and will not be accepted at curbside.
Please request additional items to pick up using the online catalog at iii.pioneerland.lib.mn.us If you are not sure how to do this please contact library staff to assist you.
We will contact you to arrange for pickup when your requested items are ready.
For library updates check our Facebook page and website: www.ortonville.lib.mn.us
Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
(320)-839-2494 OR email email@example.com
The library will remain closed through April 10th following the governor’s directive. All programming has been cancelled through May 31 st. We hope to reschedule once we open again.
There will be no fines charged. Due dates are being extended. Do not try to return materials at this time. The Dropbox is closed and no one is able to empty at this time.
if you have questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience during these trying times.
At the Board meeting last evening for Pioneerland Library System, the following was approved :
Exec/Finance Committee passed a motion stating PLS staff are not allowed to be in libraries working on other projects etc. at this time. Library administration will notify us when we are allowed to return to the library. This is based on concern for the health and safety of staff as well as concerns regarding liability.
Currently, the library will be closed through the end of March. However, this date is fluid and may be extended due to existing conditions.
The book drop. Do not attempt to return your materials to the library at this time. Due dates have been extended to April 8th and they will not incur any fines. When we do reopen all materials returned will be backdated to that date.
I will continue to share links that other librarians and companies are providing to us to help you keep your children educated and entertained
These are trying times for all. Thank you for your understanding. Keep reading! Remember ebooks are available on Overdrive and Libby. All you need is your library card to get an account.
If you do have any serious questions, please email me at email@example.com
If you have a child age birth up to Kindergarten, stop in and sign up for our 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program. Parents or others read to the child. Keep track on your reading sheet of the books. For each 100 books read, you will receive a prize. Upon completion, you receive a brand new hard cover book, certificate, and a medal. If you have questions, either stop in to the library or call 320-839-2494.
We have started something new here at the Ortonville Public Library. Many times patrons want to watch all the parts of a series, or want to watch all western movies. We have solved that problem. We have put 5 DVD’s in a tub for you to check out. We received the first one in today: Nicholas Sparks movies. There are 5 Nicholas Sparks movies in the box. You will be able to check the Binge Box out for one week. We have a Western one and a few others also coming. These Binge Boxes are made up of the older movies, not new releases. Try a Binge Box!
ABCmouse.com: With more than 4,000 interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, ABCmouse.com’s award-winning online curriculum is the most comprehensive online educational resource for young learners (ages 2–7+). From Age of Learning, Inc. Free for use in our library.
Come into the Library and check it out. We will help you get started.
ORTONVILLE PUBLIC LIBRARY
MEETING ROOM USE
- Meeting room use must be reserved with the staff at the Library prior to using.
- Library programs and events have first priority.
- All meetings are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If you charge a fee for people to attend classes, you will be charged a fee of $30 for the use of the room.
- Group reserving room is responsible for:
a) setup and taking down of tables and chairs—chairs are to be stacked along wall or put in carrier
b) Checking bathrooms – toilets flushed, faucets off, lights off
c) All tables are wiped off and clean
d) Disposing of all materials and papers from your group
e) Smart board, LCD projector, computers, etc. are all turned off
f) Basement lights are all turned off
- If using LCD projector, computers, etc. and need assistance, arrangements must be made with the staff at the library, PRIOR to the meeting.
- Sales of goods and services are not allowable on Library property with the exception of programs and activities sponsored by Ortonville Public Library.
- Non-profit organizations may collect donations to cover incidental expenses only, but may not solicit donations for fund-raising purposes or make sales, except for the sole benefit of the Library.
- According to the Library Bill of Rights, all meetings held in a library are open to the public.
- No alcoholic beverages or smoking is allowed.
- No candles may be used in the room.
- Children must not be left unsupervised.
- The volume of voices, media, music, etc. should remain at a normal level during library hours so as not to cause disturbance to library patrons.
- No Library personnel are available to assist any organization to rearrange seating, carry supplies to and from the meeting room, etc. or to assist in any activities sponsored by groups using the room.
- If you want to store items for your group on a regular basis, we have cabinets available for rent at $10.00 per month. Please see library staff about renting a cabinet.
- If you use any of the electronic equipment and it gets damaged or broken, you will be assessed the cost of repair or replacement.
- If you need to cancel the use of the room, you need to let us know. After three times of not informing us, you will lose your privileges to use the room.